4 Effective Home Remedies to Alleviate Hand Pain
Nowadays, hand pain cases are increasing. If you have unbearable pain, then it is advised to take prompt action. In most of the cases, it is due to arthritis. In this disease,cartilage, which is supporting the structure,breaks down. A person suffering from arthritis disease goes through severe pain and discomfort whenever he uses his fingers. Swollen fingers, pain and stiffness makes the situation worse. Thankfully, you can alleviate pain with the home remedies. If you know different causes and types of hand pain, then you can take adequate measures to safeguard yourself.
Common causes of hand pain
- It may be because of an injury or a disease.
- You may feel numbness and tingling because of carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Inflammation due to arthritis
- Damaged nerves because of diabetes
Symptoms of pain
- Painful finger and swelling in hands
- Severe pain and fever
- Swollen fingers with redness
- Red streaks are visible on the back of your hand
Musculoskeletal disorder is a painful condition commonly known as arthritis. There are heredity factors responsible for this disease, but it manifests itself when people cross 50 years of age.
- You have to design a routine of stretching and bending. You need to follow this routine for 15 minutes on a daily basis.
If you do not exercise your fingers, then it will aggravate the situation. It is essential to maintain the movement of the fingers and the best way is to do exercise.
Turmeric powder poultice
- Take 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder and mix it with mustard oil. Apply it on your joints and leave it for an hour. You can wash it off with warm water.
- Repeat this process twice a day for better results.
Turmeric has wonderful antibacterial and antiseptic properties, which will control the inflammation in your hand, and pain will subside. Turmeric is known as one of the best medicines to get rid of pain naturally. Curcumin present in turmeric gives a soothing effect.
Cinnamon and honey
- Take 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder and mix it with two spoons of honey. You need to consume it as first thing in the morning when you are empty stomach.
When you put honey and cinnamon powder together, this becomes a wonderful combination to get rid of hand pain. Cinnamon has antimicrobial properties; this will cure infections in your body. If the infection is responsible for causing pain, then cinnamon powder and honey will eliminate the reason.
Olive oil massage
Take 2 teaspoons of olive oil, heat it gently and then add a couple of drops of lavender oil. Massage it gently on your hands and follow the process twice a day.
Olive oil has a substance called olecanthal, which has anti-inflammatory properties to curb the inflammation. You can also use olive oil for cooking as it has several health benefits.
When to see the doctor
You must consult a physician if the pain does not subside even after taking the medicines. You have constant pain and stiffness, which is curtailing your movement. Discuss different causes and types of hand pain and preventive measures with your physician.